Slider

How I Spent My Sweetest Day....

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

with my sweetest person, my husband :)

Remember that post that I talked about baking something sweet? (Here, if you don't remember) Well....I actually didn't make anything that tasted sweet but we made a sweet (as in awesome) pizza!

We kinda have an obsession with making pizza. It all started when we were dating. We wanted to make dinner together one night and I happened to have this box of pizza crust mix in my pantry....we were hooked!



This is the very first pizza we made together...we were so precious that we made it into a heart, haha.
Super back in the daaaay.


On to the present....so I thought it would be nice to make a pizza together. It was also because I was reading this awesome blog called Life Blessons that had some pretty good pizza how-to's on the dough, sauce, and seasonings.

First, we had to make the dough. The recipe on Life Blessons called for a bread maker and I got really sad because I thought we didn't have one....then! My husband reminded me that we did in fact have a bread maker and it was like Christmas morning for me! :)



We followed the directions on here. We changed around the ingredients a little bit though. 

We used:
- 2 c. white flour 
- 1 c. wheat flour
- a good heaping scoop of wheat bran (it's REAL healthy)

and then we followed the rest of the ingredients/ directions for the bread maker. It took about 45 minutes for the dough to rise.

Next, the husband formed the dough into the pizza crust. He's pretty much a pro because he worked in a pizza shop for a long time. 




After the crust was formed, we set the oven to 350 degrees and got the sauce and toppings ready. We used the sauce recipe from Life Blessons as well...and let me tell you, this sauce is the best sauce in the ENTIRE world. I could eat it plain. I am not joking either. 




For our toppings we chose garlic chicken, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, feta cheese and olives. Kinda random but we were just grabbing what was in our pantry. 




We baked it until the crust was golden brown and it was super tasty! We actually ate the whole pizza for dinner :)




It had been long a day for both of us if you can't tell from our tired faces, but the pizza quickly restored our energy. It was an excellent choice for our date night :)

What toppings would you use?

-Megan 

3 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! We need to have a girls night and make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm SO glad you tried the pizza recipes and loved them as much as we did. I think a pizza party for two is a great way to spend Sweetest Day! (And, uh, I totally missed that it was Sweetest Day completely! Ha!)

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, Yes we totally should...possibly next week!

    Carmen, I love your blog just putting it out there :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan