Slider

Guest Post from The Williams' Post :)

Thursday, January 26, 2012


I love reading "The Williams' Post", Kerrie has such an inspiring story. So....I asked her to write about living life on a mission and how we can apply that in our daily lives. Here is her response :)


Hello lovely Zip Tied readers! I'm Kerrie and I blog over at "The Williams' Post: life on a mission" and I've gotta admit -- I'm both excited and nervous about my very first time guest-blogging! Thank you Megan for asking me!


I surnamed my blog "life on a mission" because being a missionary is so important to me.  And, I believe, is the call for every Christian.

Before you start freaking out (or getting excited, who knows) that I'm telling you to sell all of your things and head to the African Bush to live out your life (although maybe you should) let me explain.

When I was in the third grade I went to a camp where I heard, for the first time, about missions.  Never before had I heard about people living their lives on the edge, maybe even in danger to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others.  A light went on.  My eyes were opened. And I knew then and there that I wanted to be a missionary "when I grew up."

Fast forward to the present day.  I've now been to Jamaica, Uganda, Mexico, and India on foreign mission trips. In fact, I go to Mexico 4 or 5 times a year (it's where I met my hubby, who was on a mission trip there at the same time!).



And while I would love to live as a foreign missionary full-time, that's not God's plan for my life right now.  Right now, He has me in Small-Town Alabama -- where I am the Missions Coordinator at my church and lead community mission initiatives in the city and schools.

God has chosen to put me in a hard mission field -- America!  Where no one wants to step on toes, and less and less people want to hear about Jesus.

In Matthew 28:19, Jesus is giving instructions to His followers before His departure from Earth.
"Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit."

and in Acts 1:8
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere -- in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and the ends of the earth." 

You know what that means?  Whether we are in China, India, Africa or yes, even Alabama, we are missionaries.  All of us. 

So, how can you "live life on a mission?" 
{be intentional} Look for ways to serve others. Chances are there are ministries in your town that you can get involved in. And if there aren't, start one!  It can be as simple as feeding the homeless or investing in the lives of students (check out http://BlessingsinaBackpack.org) or heck, have a FREE YARD SALE!  People will be blown away. 
{give} Money is something that is hard to let go of.  Think of ways you can give.  Maybe buy lunch for the car behind you in the drive-thru. You never know how their day is going.
{go} Go on a group mission trip.  Both foreign and domestic. 
{pray} Pray for the lost.  Pray for the hurting. Pray for God to give you opportunities. And Pray that you will be obedient when He does!


Thank you, again, Megan for inviting me to your blog today!  I truly believe God is raising up a generation of missionaries - of Christians unafraid of risking it all for the sake of the gospel ready to live 
"life on a mission!"

Thank you Kerrie for doing this guest post! 

To my awesome readers: What did you find most inspiring/applicable to your lives? Or leave your inspiring story :)

-Megan :)

4 comments:

  1. beautiful kerrie.. as always!! (:

    im now following you megan! follow me back??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love kerrie's heart SO MUCH! thank you for sharing!
    i'm now your newest follower, megan! :) can't wait to continue reading. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love when Kerrie shares about missions - it's important to remember that wherever you are is your mission field. God has you there for a reason. :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan