Slider

Spreading Love: #InCoWriMo

Sunday, January 29, 2017



Have you noticed how much dissension, crankiness, and general meanness seems to be happening on social media lately? Or is that just me?! It makes my heart feel heavy to read so many hate filled words. In light of this, I have been wanting to challenge myself to spread love to other people in a creative way. I thought about making up my own challenge until I came across a post from BoHo Berry on Instagram about InCoWriMo...and I thought what is this weird combination of letters? I read through to her blog post and found out it stands for International Correspondence Writing Month which is in February. It's an international challenge to write one letter by hand and mail or deliver it every day in February.

I was thrilled! This was exactly what I was looking for: a way to spread more love and kindness! And it's with words, cards, and pretty mail. All things that I love! What's even better is that I have a list started of people to write cards to and a secret board called "Happy Mail" already set up! It seemed like the perfect way to show love in a way that brings joy to me and to others, because who doesn't love receiving mail?!

Interested in joining me in this challenge?? I hope you will!

The Basics of Participating:

1. Write a letter by hand (has to be by hand!) every day in February
2. Hand deliver the letter or mail it

Sounds pretty easy right? If you want all the details of what it is, how it started, or how to get an international penpal check out their site: InCoWriMo.org

Finally a use for my washi tape addiction! 
Supplies I plan on using:

-#InCoWriMo Tracker from BoHo Berry
-Cards from the Target one spot
-Washi tape
-Scrapbook paper packs
-Calligraphy pens

I have decided to make my Happy Mail board public to share my inspiration with everyone. Be sure to check it out on Pinterest here.  You can also look up the hashtag: #InCoWriMo2017 for even more inspiration and to see what other people across the world are doing during the challenge.

Of course, the letters don't have to be beautifully decorated, the words and heart behind them are what's most important. And if you are in it to spread love and kindness then it will already be beautiful.

Will you be joining #InCoWriMo2017? Let me know and we can send each other some handwritten love!


5 comments:

  1. So what does InCoRiMo literally mean? I like the idea behind it and certainly agree that we need more positivity in life right now. But how did this hashtag come about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you found the ultimate bullet journal resource over at Boho Berry! She's great & this is a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea! I love writing letters! You hardly see snail mail anymore that isn't a bill or junk mail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely nice to get handwritten mail! I used to do the pen pal thing and it was always fun to see the different stationary! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so neat! I had not heard of it until now. I wanted my daughters to enjoy getting real mail from a friend so I set my 10 year old up with two pen pals. It's been fun for her, and I'm sure for the friend as well. We sent a care package to her one friend in South Africa. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan