Slider

10 Inspirational Reads for 2017

Sunday, January 22, 2017



Books and I have had a long love affair. I can remember begging my mom to order Hooked on Phonics for me when I was a kid because I wanted to learn to read so badly, I didn't want to wait until I went to school. (Any 90’s kids remember those commercials?!) 

Since the moment I could read for myself, I haven’t stopped. Books have been my companions, my escapes, and my agents of change. They just have a life-changing magic or at least I tend to read ones that inspire me to change or make me think in a different way than I did before. 
I have kept a list of books that I want to read in my bullet journal but I was inspired to share them by Gretchen Saffles of Life Lived Beautifully. She wrote a post called “Read A Mentor” that I highly recommend for even more great reads.  A valid point she made in her post is that while books can be very helpful in our spiritual life, the Bible should always be our main source of wisdom. Another friend put it this way: the Word is our main source of food and everything else is a supplement. 



Here are the inspirational supplements I plan to read in 2017: 











I have a few of these requested from the Library and I can’t wait to get them in my hands! I love learning from other people’s experiences. 

There were a few books that I read in 2016 that majorly impacted my view in life, they were:

1. Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton: Her raw honest thoroughly gutted and inspired me. Reading this book is what has made me feel so passionate about pursuing honesty in my life and relationships. 

2. The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst (basically I want to read everything by her!): She brought up many great thoughts that had me reconsidering how I was spending my time and ultimately my life. I am very thankful for her words.


Please share any impactful books you have read or plan to read in 2017! I am always looking for a good book! 

5 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of any of these! Right now I'm reading Tony Robbins' book Ultimate Power, it's pretty mind opening. My wish list is a mile long and I can't seem to get through my books fast enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Present Over Perfect around the web a lot lately. I need to add it to my Audible account. I would really like to start adding reading into my self-care routine on a regular basis. This is a great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read these! I have so many books on my to read list! I need a two month vacation with just a pile of books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of any of these, but the titles are all really inspiring! I need more inspirational reads in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome list! I hadn't heard of Triggers, but it sounds especially intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan