Slider

Six Things in Six Years of Marriage

Saturday, July 30, 2016


I always feel reflective around birthdays, anniversaries, and milestones. I am about to celebrate 6 years of marriage with my husband and it got me thinking about what I had learned since my wedding day. So without further ado I give you…

Six Things I have learned in Six years of Marriage:

  1. Stuff gets real fast, there is a reason fairy tales cut off after the wedding, no one wants to see Cinderella and Prince Charming hashing out the budget.
  2. Communication: learn about it. It’s not just talking.
  3. Let go of your expectations, learn to work with what you got, not what you thought you got. 
  4. Have kids if you want to re-learn about communication, but while you are exhausted.
  5. Time spent apart to pursue things you each enjoy is a good thing for your relationship. 
  6. Weekly time together aka a date night is important to reconnect and communicate, especially if you have kids.

All that I have learned about marriage in 6 years can be summed up in one word: communication. With each new change or challenge in our lives, my husband and I have had to talk it through. It’s not always easy, it’s sometimes difficult and awkward, but it’s a relief when we  done and feel closer together. 


What’s something that you have learned during your marriage?



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan