Slider

Moving Mountains

Tuesday, September 13, 2011




Today, I was thinking about Jesus telling us that we can move mountains.

He says, "But Jesus was matter-of-fact: "Yes—and if you embrace this kingdom life and don't doubt God, you'll not only do minor feats like I did to the fig tree, but also triumph over huge obstacles. This mountain, for instance, you'll tell, 'Go jump in the lake,' and it will jump. Absolutely everything, ranging from small to large, as you make it a part of your believing prayer, gets included as you lay hold of God." (Mathew 21:21-22 MSG)

I always thought of this in the literal sense that if I told an actual mountain...say Mount Everest to jump into the sea that it would if I really believed it could. I never really thought that I could actually make that happen because that seems so impossible that my words could have so much power.

But then today, my mind thought about this differently, what if Jesus wasn't just talking about a physical mountain that we can see? What if he was talking about the mountains in our lives, in our family's lives, in our government, in our community, in our world? Mountains that look like cancer, poverty, hunger, social, and racial injustice?

What if we told those mountains to jump in the sea or be removed from us and from our fellow man?

This is just a revelation to me and a reminder that my words carry so much power to direct my life. Hope it gets you thinking too.

-Megan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan