Slider

Blessing Bags!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

My awesome friend, Jamie, and I made these things called Blessing Bags. We found the idea on Pinterest (of course)! We have a lot of homeless people in our area and want to help them. So this little idea is for anyone who similarly wants to help the homeless.


We bought gallon bags from the store and filled them with little travel sized items. You can really get creative here and add whatever you want. Click Here for the blog we got the idea from. We made three bags each and that cost us about $20, but I think if we buy in bulk next time that we could make the price go down. 

Items we added:
-toothpaste
-toothbrush
-deodorant
-granola bars
- Q-tips
-cleansing wipes
-A note of encouragement
-Business cards of a homeless shelter

Basically, you carry around these pre-made bags in your car and hand them out to any homeless person you see. Make sure to get the person's name so you can pray for them :) 

Here's what our note of encouragement said: 

God created you and he loves you. He is with you through good times and bad. Call on his name and he will listen and come to your aid. Be blessed and I am praying for you!

“I will be with you when you pass through the waters, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. You will not be scorched when you walk through the fire, and the flame will not burn you.”
-Isaiah 43:2

“Be strong, take courage, don’t be intimidated. Don’t give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you, He’s right there with you, He won’t let you down, He won’t leave you. “
-Deuteronomy 31:6

“For it was you who created my inward parts, you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I will praise you because I have been fearfully and wonderfully made.”
-Psalm 139:13-14


-Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan