Slider

Small Town Reflections

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Whenever I come home, I get in a reflective mood. I think it is because Idaho seems to go at a much slower pace than California and there is more space for thinking. I realize how much I miss the small town atmosphere. I love seeing my stepdad talk to the mailman about his life or seeing the precious little neighbor man come over to help with building projects. It's all so friendly and welcoming. It had a big part in shaping who I am and now that I have lived away from it, I appericate it so much more.

I got to spend the day with my great grandma, grandma, and sister. We went out to lunch at the local cafe which is the best place in town according to my precious great grandma.

Me, Great Grandma & Gram


My Great Grandad just passed away this February, he was well into his 90's but so active it was a bit of a shock.He and my Great Grandma have been married for over 50 years. They were the most precious couple and my sister asked her what the foundation for love is. She said, "Patience and understanding....not one is better than the other and not one knows more than the other. Both are equal." Pretty good advice that I am going to try to follow in my own marriage. She is a great inspiration to me, especially in marriage. I am so thankful that I got to grow up with all my grandparents. I love them dearly and hope to glean some wisdom from them.

-Megan





1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan