Slider

One Easy Way to Focus on Thanksgiving

Tuesday, November 15, 2016





It’s beginning to look a like Christmas everywhere I go this month! While I absolutely love Christmas (it’s my favorite holiday), I’m not quite ready for it to be here yet. I think there is a temptation once Halloween is over to jump right into the Christmas season. To begin making wish lists, to assess what we don't have and what we want. While I am still planning ahead for all the fun holiday activities, parties, and gifts, I don't want to miss out on this fall season, on the season of Thanksgiving. I wanted to do something to keep my family focused on it, to be grateful for where we are and what we have right now. I thought up a fun way that we can display what we are thankful for and I wanted to share it with you all! 

I present to you the “Thankful Tree!” This is fairly simple project and you probably have all the things you need already in your house.


Whatcha need:

-markers (black & fall colors)
-roll of kraft paper (you can get this at your local dollar store!)
-scissors
-tape


How to put it together:

  1. Cut off a piece of the kraft paper, whatever size you want. I made mine 30in by 32in to fit this space in my kitchen.
  2. Tape the kraft paper to the wall.
  3. Using the black marker, draw a tree outline, leave out the leaves.


Boom! Done, all set up. Now each day you & your family can write on the tree what you are thankful for using the fall colored markers. I had big plans of cutting out leaf shapes or writing on actually leaves, but that just didn't happen. I like how it turned out just writing on the kraft paper, especially in different fall colors! My kids love doing this and my oldest daughter likes to write out the letters for her thankful thought of the day. 



If you try it let me know! How are you trying to remain present in the Thanksgiving season?





4 comments:

  1. Great Idea. In South Africa we don't celebrate Thanksgiving and neither do we do Halloween but while others are piggy backing on your Halloween traditions, I've opted to rather to do so with Thanksgiving. Before we had children, we would have a Friendship Dinner with those who had impacted our lives that year to tell them how grateful we are for that and to spend time with them before the Christmas rush starts. Now that we have kids, we like to do something ad a family to focus on our blessings. Thank you for this great idea. One of our new traditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat that you are reading this in South Africa! I am amazed :) You're welcome and I agree, I like Thanksgiving better!

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea, and you are so right like no one cares about thanksgiving we get too excited for Christmas the gift buying and getting we don't even remember true meaning of what thanksgiving is anymore. I love this might try something like this with my little one.

    Tola
    www.alotoftolablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan